Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Beginning


Growing up there is a large array of occupations and career paths to choose from. In the younger years, we generally dream of the being the role model we see in our immediate lives whether it range from a teacher to a fireman or maybe even your parents current job.  Many of us, close minded on all the various options out there, are constantly asked every year by new strangers and old relatives “What do you want to be when you grow up?” The true of the matter is many children, young adolescents, and even adults have not found their hidden interest which fuels the fire for the rest of their lives.  That single drive, which can make you invest in a future where the dreams are just slightly out of reach. The future you have in mind for years and take careful preparation for year after year as you sacrifice other simple pleasures to receive that bit of adrenaline. That small little bit of adrenaline that you hold on to and revisit when you are about to call it quits.  

Some of us find our ambition when we are younger and some a little older but its there waiting to be noticed. When I really thought about what I wanted to do with my life. What single action repeated over and over would never be dull or too mellow day after day? I was seeking an industry with the ability for vertical position movement to obtain a constant goal with none of the psychobabble and customer relations. My ambition surfaced in 8th grade when I told my family I dreamt of traveling exploration and new experiences. My mother, being supportive always stood behind me when the others were discouraging against my visions of flying.  I was never one to follow the normal path.  Life should be exceptional and uncommon. There are million opportunities its up to you what you make of it. Coming from a family of trades, aviation was a foreign world to me. Without much direction I ended up at EMU to start my career and follow my bliss.

Finding the passion to feed your determination for years to come is an unexplainable sensation, which the aviation enthusiasts share across the board.
This is a place where we can share, converse, and network while discussing the new and old in the industry whether it is about the always-interesting CRM and ADM or the current change in the rest requirement for 121, but not 135 carriers this is a place we can connect. 

2 comments:

  1. Sydney - while I truly enjoyed the poetic nature of this post :-), you did not address a couple of points of the assignment, such as where you are going in aviation and what current aviation topics interest you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned in class my interest fall within the current career options, availability, and economy. I am intrigues by the impact the new fatigue regs will cause as well as the ever-changing mergers and bankruptcies. New founded I enjoy accident investigation and analysis of the psychological factors involved from the various angles in the industry.

    The future is an utter mystery waiting to unravel. I would love to end up behind the controls of a beautiful corporate bird and eventually work for FedEx, but those are the dreams of my 2o year old self. Next year they could be different. Therefore, I have set up various layers to secure myself a job in the industry no matter where life takes me. I will forever be connected to this industry but my reality is always changing, expanding, and searching for a different conquest.I didn't answer this specific question because I was unsure the correct nature in how to answer it.

    ReplyDelete